Wednesday, August 10, 2016
5 Most Popular Herbs for Organic Herbal Medicine
Those of us at Earthshore Herbal Remedies are dedicated to providing high-quality and effective organic herbal medicine. We offer a variety of herbal supplements and capsulated medicines and believe that natural remedies are the way to go when it comes to your health and well-being. Herbs can do more than add excellent flavor to food dishes and while some of these may already be in your pantry, we’ve listed out our top 5 herbs and their medicinal benefits.
1. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera, most commonly used for sun burn relief, has fantastic antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. When ingested, aloe becomes a natural laxative and soothes and irritated stomach.
2. Basil – The wonderfully fragrant basil is a powerful antispasmodic, which sooths smooth and skeletal muscle spasms. Massage in some basil essential oil and rest easy and spasm free.
3. Cayenne – Cayenne can be a great remedy for arthritis and rheumatism when applied topically or ingested. This spice is also fantastic for colds, flu viruses, sinus infections, and sore throats. Cayenne also aids certain organs such as the kidneys, heart, lungs, and pancreas and helps to promote weight loss.
4. Echinacea – This herb is absolutely wonderful for the cold and flu and a variety of wellness teas contain Echinacea. This herb also boosts white blood cell production, immune system support, and provides inflammation relief. However, this herb should not be used more than two weeks at a time and not recommended for those allergic to sunflowers or related plants.
5. Ginger – Ginger is perfect for easing nausea and motion sickness and keeping some ginger candies handy on long car rides or flights can make all the difference for a sensitive stomach.